Join WSM for a discussion of curricular practical training (CPT), optional practical training (OPT) and the 24 month STEM OPT. We will cover:
• What is the difference between CPT, OPT and STEM OPT
• What are the requirements to get the 24 month STEM OPT extension
• What are the employer’s obligations during the 24 month STEM OPT period
• Can the employer start green card sponsorship while the employee holds F-1 status
• What resources are available to the employer, and
• What is the latest on possible elimination of the STEM OPT extension
This program has been approved for 1 (General) recertification credit hour toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute.
This program has also been approved for CA MCLE credit (1 hour) by the State Bar of California. If you require CA MCLE credit, please email your state bar # to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 23, 2019.