Weaver Schlenger Webinar Series on Immigration Topics
Immigration Consequences of Working at Home, Layoffs, Reductions in Pay and Reductions in Hours
Friday, April 17, 2020 from 9:00 to 10:00 am PT
We will be holding a free webinar to discuss employer considerations relating to COVID-19 decisions to change the terms of employment of nonimmigrants, including:
• What must an employer do when all employees work from home (ie, the worksite of the nonimmigrant employee is different than before) to stay in compliance?
• What are the employer’s immigration obligations if they lay off a nonimmigrant worker (H-1B, L-1, TN, F-1 STEM OPT, etc.)?
• Even if a nonimmigrant employee is not laid off, do other layoffs at the employer impact this person?
• What happens if the employer reduces the number of hours worked of a nonimmigrant employee?
• What happens if the employer institutes a temporary salary reduction for all employees, including nonimmigrant workers?
• What are the employee’s obligations, if any?
Weaver Schlenger will apply for approval to issue 1 (General) recertification credit hour toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute.
This program has also been approved for CA MCLE credit (1 hour) by the State Bar of California. If you require CA MCLE credit, please email your state bar # to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 17, 2020.